Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lies Beneath

Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
4 out of 5 stars

Quick Overview
Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans and absorb their positive energy. Usually, they select their victims at random, but this time around, the underwater clan chooses its target for a reason: revenge. They want to kill Jason Hancock, the man they blame for their mother's death.

It's going to take a concerted effort to lure the aquaphobic Hancock onto the water. Calder's job is to gain Hancock's trust by getting close to his family. Relying on his irresistible good looks and charm, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter Lily. Easy enough, but Calder screws everything up by falling in love--just as Lily starts to suspect there's more to the monster-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined, and just as the mermaids threaten to take matters into their own hands, forcing Calder to choose between them and the girl he loves.

One thing's for sure: whatever Calder decides, the outcome won't be pretty.

What I Thought 
This book went way beyond my expectations. I really wouldn't have even picked it up if I hadn't seen the title on another blog. But I did. I instantly got adsorbed into Calder and Lily's forbidden romance and finished the book in a day. I really enjoyed reading Lies Beneath and highly recommend it! The only reason I did not give Lies Beneath a 5 out 5 was because there were a few slow parts that made me consider putting it down and going on Pinterest. :)


3 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog....very nice! I just started a book review blog myself. I'm following you now...follow back if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I've been interested in this book for awhile, but haven't managed to pick up a copy yet. I mean, it looks and sounds interesting, but there's just been other stuff I wanted to read before, but now I want to go out and find a copy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved it! The second book in the series came out last month!!

      Delete